Local Councils

What is the role of local councils?
All councils are required to provide building certification services. This includes providing general advice on building applications and issuing building permits. However, many smaller Local Councils only provide those services on a part-time or consultancy basis, or not at all.

In addition, where a concession to building siting is required, the council has a specific obligation to consider any request to relax those requirements.

For further information about these services, contact your local council.

Your Local Council are the holders of public records and will receive a copy of all documentation given to us for archiving purposes.

What is the process for lodging a siting variation or MCU with the local council?
Contact your local council for ‘their’ requirements.

COASTAL BUILDING APPROVAL SERVICE can provide this service and lodge on your behalf for a fee.